Why Canadian wine will succeed in China
- Canada has become a trusted business partner to Chinese companies and governments.
- To Chinese target consumers Canadian perceptions include “natural”, clean water, healthy lifestyle, focus on quality.
- Closely tied to this, Chinese consumers are increasing the amount of (especially red) wine they drink due to health benefits.
- The current availability of domestic wine is considered to be of poorer quality.
- Chinese consumers want to be educated and able to discern the difference between quality and varietals.
- Clear Lake Wineries will focus its market development efforts on educating these consumers through the use of technology.